Monday, October 13, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving


So those of you who like feet, this picture is just for you, I have been nursing some bites on my foot. I thought I would take a picture so you know exactly what I am talking about. At first I thought they were bed bug bites but I did some investigating and I think they were ant bites. I went to the pool one day and remember shoeing ants off my leg, that night the bites appeared. The next day when I went to the pool I noticed ants on my sandals when I got out, so I am assuming that is where I got my bites from.
Some people really did get bed bug bites, on their feet, necks and arms in the last two weeks. One trainee had to switch rooms in the middle of the night because they bit her all over the back. Another girl I know took a nap after posture clinic and when she got to evening class her foot was red and swollen. I counted the red spots on her foot and there were 23 bites on her foot. The nurse told her they were mosquito bites, but there is no way, she had not been outside for a couple days. Every night before I go to bed I rip the covers off my bed and check for bugs. Eleni thinks I am totally nuts when I am crawling all over my bed looking intensely for those creepy crawlers, but I am not taking any risks. I even considered spraying bug spray all over my sheets before I get in , but that’s just another level of insanity, good thing that thought only lasted three seconds.
Today, as every other Sunday is a day off. We did our run to Wal-mart on Friday so the day was ours to abuse how we felt. Eleni had a lunch date with someone from her group, so I went with her for lunch. After lunch the three of us went and found a quiet place to do dialogue. We practiced two postures to prepare for the first couple days of the week. We did that for about an hour than Eleni and I headed back to our room to chill and study some more.
Later I went and met Damien down stairs by the pool to review some more dialogue. I am not a big fan of the sun so I didn’t last long out there. The afternoon was spent trying to reinforce the dialogue into my head. For supper we ordered pizza from down stairs and spent the rest of the night studying some more and then watching a little bachelor for some comic relief. I like our little Sunday night tradition of curling up in bed for a little bachelor Rome before getting some shut eye.
So my extent of Thanksgiving dinner this year was having a pesto covered turkey breast for lunch, take what you can get I guess. Oh I forgot to mention that I saw the president again. We were trying to leave the restaurant after lunch today and they had it blocked off to the hallway so we couldn’t leave. There was a guy in a suit standing there and told us we had to wait for five minutes. Less than two minutes later the president walked by and actually waved at us, wooooooh. I said to the suited man, “oh we were waiting for the president, cool”. He just shook his head yes and told us we could go now.
Over the weekend they were supposed to drill a hole into the wall of the hot room to bring in more fresh air. The room is still really stuffy with no fresh air, especially the standing series. The fans are better than nothing but it does not help with bringing the fresh air in. They are still opening the doors at the back before class is even half way finished.
If I remember correctly I think my group is in the middle lines (4-6) tomorrow. I don’t know if I have mentioned before, but we rotate lines every day, with 16 lines in the room. The back three lines are left for teachers, staff and visiting hotel guests (they get to practice for free). Every group is assigned a different set of lines every day that you must practice on, the lines are offered in groups of three (1-3, 4-6, 7-9, 10-13). They rotate the lines back every day so every group has the opportunity to be in front of the mirror and at the back of the room. Line 10 has three pillars on it, so they opened up line 13 to us to, so everyone can fit. There are usually four groups sharing the three lines at a time. If you are caught on the wrong line, you get two make up class, so it’s essential to pay attention, though they clearly haven't enforced it. Just a little tid bit for you so you understand when I talk about where my group is or I am practicing in the room during a class.
Other then that, Happy Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

Zia said...

Happy Thanksgiving, sweetie! Missed you at the farm! Just wondering where your Week 5 picture is... :) Need to see your happy smiling face!