Friday, October 17, 2008

Taking it all in


The morning class was taught by Lisa from Texas. Don’t have much to say about it, she threw in some yee haws in there to give a throw out to where she comes from, it was a good class. I was at the front today so I was able to see myself in the mirror. I can tell things are out of alignment when looking at myself in the mirror though it doesn’t feel that way. I think I was right about the protein thing yesterday because I am feeling like I have more energy today after making sure I had some.
The after noon posture clinic was lead by Mark from everywhere (he taught last nights class). I say everywhere because he travels a lot. He used to own seven studios and ended up selling them or giving them to people. He now owns one in Buffalo and is only there in the summer because he hates cold weather. He owns another one some where hot, over seas I think, and is there in the winter. He also travels a lot visiting different studios and teacher training of course. You can tell he just loves interacting with people and has such a big heart for the Bikram family.
I really enjoyed him as a lead and it was a lot of fun today. When I first got here I didn’t think posture clinic was supposed to be fun. It wasn’t until all the more experienced/senior teachers arrived that posture clinic has become a little less formal. Don’t get me wrong there are only two or three senior teachers that have fun with us. It seems I learn so much more in those posture clinics as well. Everyone is more relaxed, and you also end up absorbing more, in regards to the posture, dialogue and about class in general. I like when they interact withus, sharing stories and experiences with us. There is so much going on and so much information flying at us that a little fun takes a little stress off our shoulders. It’s nice when we can actually just sit back and take it all in.
Evening class was taught by Michael Harris again, this class was a little less key than the first one he taught. He said he had the best and most fun class ever teaching last class. He didn’t have on his bangle tiger shorts on this time. He still brought two people up to the podium to say two different postures. It was cute because he brought Robert up from Amsterdam who is on my posture clinic group and English is his second language to say balancing stick. After class when I asked him how it was he started criticizing himself. He was mad at himself because he forgot to tell us that it was a ten second posture and he forgot to clap when we went down. He said he didn’t have time to think about anything cause it just happened and we did whatever came out of his mouth. Its so cool to see some of our fellow students go up there and be teachers, thinking we will doing that in a month, holy crap.
Supper time was spent getting cobra done and making some yummy pasta preparing for a lecture tonight. There are 13 new visiting teachers here right now, that doesn’t even include the other 10 or more that already introduced themselves this week. Michael told us his life story in a nut shell and how he ended up being a Bikram teacher and on that stage last night. He has a pretty inspirational story and it reinstates everything I believe in and love about this yoga. Jeff another studio owner gave us a run down of his life too. The guy has had everything wrong or done to his body and is here because of this yoga, I love hearing those stories. Ester another visiting teacher told us how Bikram yoga saved her life and what it brought back to her life. She was balling like a baby telling us her story, pretty strong incredible things to listen to here. Everyone has a story of how and why they started Bikram yoga or why they became a teacher. I wish we had time to listen to them all.
Michael continued to lecture by answering some questions we had about anything. Then Monali did some meditation with us cause she said we are all still holding onto our emotional baggage. You could just feel the calm energy from everyone after we got dismissed, very mellow, and much needed.

No comments: