Thursday, October 16, 2008

Living on a prayer


This morning’s class was taught by Latisha again, she leaves right after class to go back home to New Mexico. I think I am in my angry phase because all she did was annoy me today. Anything she said outside of the dialogue annoyed me. I actually found myself mumbling under my breath, “shut up”, “seriously what are you talking about”. She kept talking about the mind and how it’s so weak and we are so weak, I wasn’t in the mood. I don’t think it helps that my body felt very tired today. Finishing morning class was the half way point of training. I didn’t even think about that, but my body was telling me that. Don’t tell my dad I said this, but maybe I am getting too much sleep. This week we have been getting to bed earlier than every other week, around midnight. I think I was doing better physically when we were only getting only five or four hours of sleep a night. Maybe there actually is a method to the madness, than again it’s probably all in my head, lol. I truly felt exhausted today though. My body has been holding up pretty damn well so I thought about it and I realized I didn’t eat any protein yesterday. There was nothing good on the buffet and for supper I had pasta with sauce, no meat. So I am chalking the weakness up to that. Today at lunch I made an extra effort to get some protein in me.
After lunch we had more posture clinic, finishing off the standing series today. We were told at the end that we have posture clinic again tonight. People are really starting to stress now, with such little time to cram it into our heads. I am feeling that way but I am trying not to think about. People are actually making themselves sick with vomiting and diaherria just thinking about it. I am really feeling bad for the people who have English as their second language, it is hard enough for me to get in, I can’t even imagine.
Evening class was taught by Mark, he owns three studios, the only one I remember is in Buffalo. When we first met him (when he introduced himself to the group) I thought he seemed kind of arrogant. You are always told to never judge a book by its cover but he had these mannerisms about him that demanded respect, which isn't necassarily a bad thing. I am sure his look of being tall, with a clean shaven head and broad shoulders doesn’t help the matter. I really enjoyed his class as he was so easy to listen to. I didn’t think about anything that class, I seriously let go, his mind and my body, it was awesome. I had a great class that complimented what a great teacher he is. He ended the class with playing ‘living on a prayer’. Every student at teacher training got a little lift singing as we lied on our mats holding hands with our arms pumping in the air singing “WE'RE HALF WAY THERE!”
There was a girl beside that decided to sit down after the third posture and study her dialogue on her mat, that annoyed me but I just let it go. In evening posture clinic my group was with this girls group, she jumped up ready to say her posture. She completely blanked and got so mad at herself when she finished. She told the leads that that is the first time she has ever done that for a posture and she was completely embarrassed. You can tell the stress is building when people are sitting out classes to get extra study time in.
We got half way through the groups but I didn’t say mine, there were a lot of people who just wanted to get it over with tonight so I wasn’t in a big hurry to jump up there. We got dismissed at a little after 11 for bed. I decided to take advantage of the early night. I took my dialogue paper and went into a lounge area on our floor to study the next posture. Once memorized, I tucked myself into bed at 12:30am, knowing the next posture verbatim. Bring on the dialogue dreams; it has been a couple months since I have studied dialogue before going to bed.

No comments: