Monday, September 22, 2008

A day of reflection, than onto week two


Since today (Sunday), is a day of rest I am going to take as a day of reflecting because I don’t have much to talk about in terms of what I did today. Slept in until Eleni’s dad called at 9am, had lunch, walked to Walmart, had a nap, talked to my parent, bro and Aunt. It is Michelle’s birthday today so maybe we can go out for a good Italian meal tonight to celebrate. People were telling us about it, and cheap, the same one Ang told me to check out.
Oh I forgot to mention who taught yesterdays class. It was Dale from Vancouver. Very disciplined and again people had to be told over and over to put their waters down or not pour it on their heads, lol.
When we first started doing dialogue clinic with Bikram it amazed me how he could just read people. For example, there was a girl that went up and she did an awesome delivery of half moon. When she was finished Bikram told her that her dialogue was good but she needed to go on a diet. She came back with, “since I’ve been doing Bikram yoga I’ve lost one hundred pounds”. She got a huge round of applause as Bikram just looked around, smiled and said, “See, I saved your life.” Then went on to talk about how one of his right hand men from head quarters, Gregg, who is in Acapulco but wasn’t in the hall at the time, lost 200 pounds doing Bikram yoga.
Another girl was up there and she got through the dialogue and you could tell she knew it but stumbled a little, which has happened. When she finished Bikram asked her, “do you know why you can’t remember the dialogue and she can?” pointing to another girl on stage. He answered his own question with, “because your hair is to short, hers is nice and long.” She answered him with, “I had to shave my head because I was in an accident and broke my neck, I’ve never had hair this short.” She went on to tell us that she was in accident under a year ago, and has metal all over her body. The doctors told her she probably wouldn’t be able to do physical activity ever again, boy did she prove them wrong. She told Bikram that his yoga saved her life and has helped her immensely. Totally amazing.
Another cute little Asian lady went up and after she said half moon, Bikram told her she is so sweet and it seems she cares for people. He asked what she does for a job at home. She told us that she is a cook and a caterer, in which Bikram than asked if she could cook some good Asian food for him. She responded with, “I can cook for 300 people, no problem.” He really liked that response, and so did we, lol.
Another lady delivered such a strong dialogue with such expression in her voice and body movement that Bikram told her she would kill anyone that didn’t listen to her. He later asked her when she was sitting if she was single. She said she has been divorced twice but is now single. He said, “no wonder you probably chopped off their balls when they did not listen to you.” He then wanted to know if they were still alive or if she had buried them alive. He finished by telling her that she would make a good wife because she is a strong woman, which you can clearly see.
On Friday afternoon my stomach was hurting so bad from laughing so hard all week. It seems he knows exactly what questions to ask, and who to ask them to. Over the course of the week he has made one guy sing for him on stage, telling him they should do a duet together because he likes his voice. He told another guy he could be an actor in Hollywood film if he wanted because he speaks clear and looks good. He made the two girls from Vietnam put the sucker he had in his mouth in their own mouths and say the dialogue. It was cool to see how it helped them with their accent. He has told two people that they would make good marriage partners (not to each other) and he wants to find them a good partner.
Starting Thursday night I have been having the most vivid dreams. I wake up and think I just watched a movie, its kinda cool. The dreams I have been having have had people in them that I haven’t seen for years. I am dreaming about kids I use to babysit or go to school with when I was just a little tot. I am remembering and seeing things that happened when I was little playing with family and neighbors, and the games we use to play. Lucille told me if I am remembering things that vivid and from that long ago that I must be getting really deep already. Well it’s either that or I am going crazy, lol, just joking I am loving it. I am remembering and seeing things that I totally forgot about years ago and now watching them in the third person. I hope they all stay happy, and I don’t wake Eleni up in the middle of the night with sudden screaming. I’ll let you know how that goes, lol.
Monday starts week two so I will see how the blogging will keep up. I will do my best to do a little reflection everyday but now the pace picks up a bit. By the end of the week, we will be into the 70s with remaining classes, WHOOT WHOOT!


The picture is of the salt water pool I take a dip in after every class

1 comment:

Duffy Pratt said...

Great post! Your attention to details is amazingly good. It's very entertaining reading. And it sounds like you are doing great with the training as well. Thanks.