Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Keep on keeping on


This morning we had class with Emmy again. This time she was walking around at the beginning giving corrections. By the end of the standing series she had made her way to the back of the room, where apparently is her favorite teaching position. She sat on a chair and stayed there for the rest of the class. After class we had lunch which was supposed to have better food then previously, with some Asian cuisine. Bikram had bitched at the general manager so we could eat better. There was only three dishes with Asain food, but the rice was delicious. I can’t really complain about the food so far, I have been stuffing my face and loving the fact that I can have ten different flavors at one time on my plate. Today at lunch, Eleni and I sat with two other guys. Robert, one of the guys was laughing at me because my plate was piled with one type of food onto the other. I had some beef ribs with sauce surrounded by ham, rice, mini quesadillas, bacon, oatmeal, and watermelon on top, mmm, doesn’t that sound good, LOL. Doesn’t matter to me, it tasted good to me.
After lunch we had more anatomy without our books, taking notes. Dr. T went on, and on, and on, and on, and on, about hormones and food for about 2.5 hours. We actually did get some skeletal review in all that. After Anatomy was more half moon posture clinic, and yours truly went first. I was shaking out of my pants, and had to shift my legs a couple times or I probably would have shaken right off stage but I did it, BOO-YAH. There was one point when I had to take a deep breath because I felt my nervousiness coming out in the microphone and usually when that happens I talk really fast, so I took a deep breath and finished it. Bikram told me I was good, with good dialogue. He suggested that I talk to Dr. Lilian Glass when she comes here. He said I need to learn how to use my diaphragm more when speaking to project better. I don’t need many lessons just one or two practice sessions, so I should volunteer to go on stage when she needs someone. So that is done.
5:00 class was with Bikram. He sat and drank a coke and teased in between sets with it. He said we are the luckiest training group ever because this is the first time ever he is scheduled to teach every night class for the training. He was also impressed with us because he said we have improved 150% since last Monday. That is his favorite number I think, so he probably tells that to every group of trainees. I could feel it though, less and less people are going down, and even less people are cramping or leaving. It seems people have figured out a routine that works for them, so awesome to see. We had another earth quake today, this time I felt it, it was kind of hard to miss it. It happened while we were right in the middle of triangle posture, it was the weirdest feeling. It felt like hundreds of men were walking on the roof at the same time. We must have got energy from that cause everyone powered through right to the end of the class.
After class was supper time, I made some good old mac and cheese, and it tasted sooooooooooo good, yummy in my tummy, just like a kid again. Then we made our way dow to the lecture hall where we were greeted with another Indian movie. It was three hours and we didn’t get to bed until 1:30am. The movie wasn’t actually that bad, it was a kinda of a gladiator film with an Indian twist.
Picture from starting week 2

No comments: