Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rocking it out


I had a really good class this morning. Saturday class is at 8am, but I rocked it out. Everyone else around me was down for the count, nine people in a square around me. One girl right beside me barely made it out of the room at the end, and needed assistance. I checked on her a couple times but she said she was okay. Another girl to my right was struggling, she said she was tired, but she powered through a lot of the postures. I gave her some of my ice cold water when we were on the floor series. I am now convinced that orange jug saves lives. It’s amazing how good it tastes when you think you are dying. I know it’s a total mind thing but sometimes when you are at that point it doesn’t matter, believe me, I was there last night, I know first hand. I swam in the ocean after class for a good twenty minutes today, it was cold but good.
Today at the lunch buffet I found my staple from home….the chocolate milk, HELLLLLLLLLO CHOCOLATE MILK. LOL, oh the small things that make us smile. After lunch is blogging time than have a nap. We might hit up Mega (similar to Superstore) after my nap to pick up some stuff. I have been feeling like something is missing from my diet. I talked to one of the staff and she suggested drinking grapefruit juice after class. I am allergic to bananas do she said the grapefruit juice should do it. I am getting tired of the cold broccoli so I think I can manage that for awhile until I get sick of that.
It is only the end of week one and I already have yoga brain. My routine so far has been to fill the sink with water and detergent and let my clothes soak as I take my shower after class. Yesterday I filled the sink and threw my clothes in, when I got out of the shower I could hear some water running. It clicked in that it was the sink, I forgot to turn it off. I jumped out from behind the curtain so fast I’m surprised I didn’t slip on my head, oh could you imagine, ha. The sink was full, and seriously, if my shower would have been 11 seconds longer I would have flooded the bathroom. I told Eleni that I have official perma yoga brain so be warned, lol, oh dear, it begins.
It has been so humid here that my clothes nor my mat have been drying. My mat is never dry by the next class, especially the evening one. For the morning one it is still damp but not dripping wet. My clothes are taking two or three days to dry, it’s a good thing I brought enough outfits to last the week worth.
My family has been great. I taught Dad how to use msn right before I left and he is so cute when he can actually see me on the web cam. He’s moving the camera all around so I can see him, mom and my kitty. The connection goes out here sometimes and is a little wonky but we make it work. Mom and Dad also didn’t know what a blog was but they have been reading it every day. I am pretty sure my Zia (Auntie) has been following it too. She was addicted to Jenns in the spring and was the one that introduced it to me. Other than that I know people are keeping busy and I have heard the weather has been nice so I am sure everyone is soaking it in while they can before the snow comes.
I would like to give a shout out to Roxanne who I have never even met. She went to the training here in the spring, and has been writing me messages and giving me advice as I continue on. Jenn gave me tons of advice just from her blog with out knowing it so a big hug to her. Jenn booked a ticket to come here at the beginning of October so she can watch the going ons from the outside-in this time. It will be interesting to read her blog about her thoughts when it’s all done. There are a couple teachers from my studio that are making their way down here too. One will visit at the end of October and one for sure (and hopefully the other honey bee as well) for graduation. Any of you want to stop by my house and pick up my kitty on your way!?!? I connected with my parents last night via web cam and they showed me my kitty. It actually brought tears to my eyes to see him. I was calling his name and he was looking around looking for me, wondering where I was. Mom said he has been crying and sleeping on my bed, so I know he misses me too. Now I know why they tell us to forget about the outside world, so many emotions come along with it. Oh well it’s not a bad thing to have tears once in awhile.
The picture is of my precious child.

3 comments:

Rox said...

Just a quick note to say 'good luck with Week 2'... you'll be fabulous! Keep smiling, making friends, and eating (this week people will really start having trouble with this). Thanks for writing such great updates. I'm really enjoying reading and re-living it! ;) Take care ~Roxanne (Sp '08)
P.S. thanks also for the little shout. that was sweet of you. ;)

Zia said...

Let me know when you remember the time you threw up all over me at your very first camping trip...lol

Anonymous said...

thanks