Tuesday, September 23, 2008

An earthquake....WHAT!?


So last night we didn’t go for Italian food, we walked to a little Vietnamese restaurant for some sushi for Michelle’s birthday. I don’t eat seafood so I had veggies with chicken, and some avacado rolls with cream cheese, after we stopped for some ice cream. Andres who is from Mexico City came with us, he was able to give us the run down of Mexico as much as he could.
That food did not sit well in my stomach. Eleni, Michelle, and I were all waking up off and on all night, I felt like I was having hot flashes, what the heck. Than at 1am there was an earth quake apparently but I didn’t feel it. When we were waiting for class someone asked Eleni and I if we had felt it and I said no. Eleni had this funny look on her face and said “is that what it was?” I asked her why, and she said it woke her up and she could feel her bed moving and she thought that I had crawled into the bed with her, LOL. I told her no, I was never in your bed trying to cuddle. She was relieved to know it was an earthquake, I was none the wiser. Emmy taught class today and told it was a 4.6 on the ricter scale. I have never experienced an earth quake before, I am sure there will be more.
Emmy said she teaches like Bikram use to teach 35 years ago when she first met him. She was up on the podium and she told us she was frustrated. She said could see so many mistakes we were making and all she wanted to do was correct us. I think next time she will be walking around the room making those corrections. That will be interesting because no one has done that yet, they have all stayed on the podium.
I had a good class considering how tired and hungry I was when I woke up. After class was the ocean, then lunch then some anatomy. We met Dr.T, and his wife, oh gosh the two of them together are so cute and funny. He gets going on his rants then out of no where his wife shouts, “get on with it, you got off topic”. Every once in awhile he tells jokes to make sure we are still awake, well they actually aren’t that funny but he tries. So after a couple jokes where we didn’t laugh to hard, his wife told a funny story about the two of them. She is basically making fun of her husband, its so funny, cause its all in good fun. They have been married for 56 years. Once his wife tells a joke of course Bikram has to get on the mike and tell a joke, something about a man with dog balls. All in all it kept us awake. Oh speaking of anatomy, we started that today without any books so we had to write down notes as Dr.T put slides up on the projector. "High light in Yellow, Mark is red", is his favorite saying. We are supposed to recieve our books on Friday and our test is on Monday. Bikram is not impressed about that and said Dr.T is wasting his time without the books, I guess we will see.
Oh all you peeps planning to come to training in the spring won’t have to worry about it being here again I don’t think. Bikram told us that he got into a 2.5 hour fight with the general manager about the shit food at the hotel. So needless to say, he said he won’t be back to eat it again. We also had a vote at the evening posture clinic whether we wanted to stay having the lunch buffet or if we wanted the supper one. Majority ruled and we are sticking with the lunch buffet. Bikram told the manager that he wants good Asian cuisine, not shit cat food we have been eating, or crap breakfast pancakes. I will keep you on the up and up on the menu for tomorrow and if it is any better.
After anatomy we had more posture clinic, than it was class with Bikram at 5.
All the boys who were at the other hotel got to move over here today, so class actually started at 5:30 (though we were in the room since before 5) waiting for everyone to get there. My stomach hurt throughout the entire class again but I still pounded it out. I think I have to start having a little snack before class. People are still going down but alot of the people who aren't feeling well place their mats on the last couple lines in the back of the room. I haven't had to go back there yet but I have heard the energy is not to strong because everyone back there is sick and has no extra energy. Today after standing bow I had to take a couple extra seconds to catch my breath. There are moments throughout the class where I feel like I just can't catch my breath. It feels like when I breathe that I am just not getting enough air in my lungs. It's not the feeling like I am out of shape just not enough fresh air to breathe properly, maybe its the extreme humidity I am not used to.
I had class, ocean, supper, than more posture clinic. I was lined up and read to go on stage to present half moon but Bikram let us go at 11pm. We had the option of coming back in ten minutes to watch a movie with him if we wanted to. We chose not to and were in bed by midnight.
The picture is us out for dinner: Me, Eleni, Damian, Andres, Michelle, and Jonathan

1 comment:

Navel Gazer said...

Hey Mel -
been following your Tales of the Torture Chamber .. it really has the makings of a great reality show or movie.. off the wall characters, humor, grossness, physical and mental torture ... now that's entertainment!
You're doing awesome - Uncle Len and I are so proud of you. Keep up the good work, we are cheering you on.
Love
Kel