Thursday, October 9, 2008

Breathing normal


This mornings class was taught by some old man from I don’t even remember. That’s how enthralled I was with his class. He just had a monotone voice but maybe it was just me. I wasn’t feeling very motivated this morning though I wasn’t tired, sick or bored of the yoga. I just simply didn’t feel like trying that hard and I didn’t hear it in the teachers voice to either so I didn’t. I think it was the slackest class I had, and it was all me taking it like that and only working to about 62%. They installed four more fans at the back of the room now, not that it is helping much it’s still really humid. I’m not going to complain because I’ll take 65% humidity over 97% any day.
More posture clinic today., I got to perform my standing bow pulling pose in front of Lynn, one of the senior teachers. She just gave me a thumbs up and told me to keep doing what I am doing, it’s working. Our group moved onto balancing stick (last posture in the balancing series), groups are moving so quickly now. It is so awesome to see people grow and start to find their learning method. People who were struggling to get the first couple sentences out before or totally blanking when they go up there are busting out the dialogue now. My group is awesome too; we are all so supportive of each other. We were with a group earlier in the week, and you could feel the tension in that room between them. It felt like there was some competition amongst them, and they were trying to impress us and each other, and they never clapped for each other either. Some of them got called out on it by the leads but they stood there with their arms crossed with the wall up, not taking any of it.
This evening’s class was taught by Marlyn who teaches at head quarters. She took the first ever teacher training in 1986 before the dialogue was even created. She was a teacher before they had teacher training. Bikram and Rajashree were convinced to have a teacher training, so the people who were already teaching the yoga had to go to it. They had three Bikram classes a day, for three months, and they all lived, slept, ate and stayed at Bikrams studio the entire time, lol, could you imagine!? I think there was only eight maybe ten of them at the time.
I really really liked her class and actually worked the hardest I have ever worked this week, maybe I was just making up for this mornings class. They say your postures are going to suffer while you are here but I felt really strong, like I was going deeper into postures this evening. I had great energy around me to, my strong girl Hillary whose knee is swollen and throbbing pushed through it today. People were still lying down today, it’s almost like there is no air at the front of the room now. It felt like they have turned off the fresh air intake fans on the roof. The teacher asked the staff to open the doors at the back of the room to let more air in so people could get off their backs.
After supper we had lecture. We were told that the Mexican president is going to be at the hotel tomorrow so to be on our best behaviour. We were told to carry around our special Bikram key cards; it’s basically a get out of jail free card.
The lecture started out by us watching the DVD’s with all the shows Bikram has been on, a bunch of the late night shows, including Johnny Carson. We saw the video of him being run over by a motorcycle while he is lying on a bed of nails. It is so neat to see those shows and see that he has never changed like on the late night show Bikram stripped down to his speedo to teach the yoga. He also made Johnny Carson take his shirt off so he could try some of the postures, I was laughing my head off, some things never change.
Bikram lectured about food, age, sleep and told some more stories. There is one cute little Chinese lady in our training that Bikram calls ‘mama’. He was talking about how there are 60 year olds and 20 year olds at the training. Then ‘mama’ said to him in mandarin that she is not 60 she is 59, Bikram started laughing so hard he nearly fell off his chair, it was so funny. He continued talking about food and told us he ate tacos today and felt sick and needed coke to make him feel better. He said he can live off of half a sandwich in three days. Mama told him that if we had more time to sleep we wouldn’t eat so much so we could eat half a sandwich like him. He thought that was so funny and asked us if we were ready to watch more movies with him until 6am. Everyone screamed noooooooooo, he thought that was even funnier that we answered him back. He asked Mama if she would feel better with sleep and she said oh yes, he laughed and said “good night everybody”. We got to bed around 12:30.

No comments: