Saturday, October 11, 2008

Promises Promises


This morning’s class was taught by Merlyn, the same teacher as Wednesday night. Miss high energy, graduated in 1986, pre dialogue. She said we have inspired her to go home and learn the dialogue, because we are so good with it. I was in the front so I could actually get a good view in the mirror and check out my alignment. I noticed in some postures I was favoring my hip therefore turning it or not having it aligned properly. That is where most of concentration went for this class, but like I said before I like her so I pushed hard.
After lunch we had more posture clinic. Mine and Damian's groups were together today, so it was cool to get to see each other deliver a posture. It is funny because this is the first posture we haven’t worked together to learn. We had one of the same ladies today that we had yesterday so I was a bit nervous about what she would say after yesterday’s performance. Of course anything was better then yesterday but they gave me some good feed back. I was lucky enough to have Lynn, one of the senior teachers in there when I delivered mine. She said that I am like a bullet when I talk, really fast and strong. She said, “I can tell you have lots to say and you get so excited to get it out, not just the dialogue but in life.” My homework is to take more deep breaths, accept the silence and let my students suffer a bit, he he he, bring it on.
Evening class was taught by Bikram. He started the class by stopping us in the middle of the breathing exercise (warm up) and started yelling at two girls calling them lazy. That took about six minutes before we started again. After the breathing exercise was over, Bikram made a deal with us. If no one lies down we can have the night off. I looked around and Sunny from my group was on my front left, she has been sick all week and going down. Behind me were two girls that lied down all morning class. In front of me was a girl that has blacked out a couple times in some classes. No problem, we took the challenge.
Throughout the standing series, myself and another lady from my floor(Kim, aka David's Mom) who was in front of me kept giving reassurance and you can do its to everyone around us. Just remembering to breathe was the key to getting through those tough moments.
The class made it to the floor and then a guy walked out, everyone was screaming for him to come back. Monali came in and told us he had a doctor’s appointment, phew, onto the floor series. All 316 made up our minds and we did it, not one person went down the entire class. The energy was incredible and having everyone work together made it so easy to get it done tonight. Bikram kept his promise and gave us the night off. He did offer that that he would be in the lecture hall later to watch a movie if anyone wanted to join him, ha yah, sign me up.
Eleni and I got back to our room and Eleni noticed that our fridges were unplugged. Both fridge cords were lying there in the floor and the fridge was dripping water from the once frozen ice in the freezer. For F*#@ sakes, so we had to toss away everything in the fridge; yogurt, tortellini, milk, meat, cheese, chicken, salad, aghhh. So we decided to take a taxi to McDonalds than walmart to stock up again. There were about 20 other trainees at McDonalds, so that was quite the sight. We stocked up at Walmart for the next week so now we can concentrate on dialogue for the rest of the weekend.
I think the Mexican President is still at the hotel. There is press and a lot of professional people with name tags on still hanging around. Also when we went to Walmart, there were armed guards set up at the end of the driveway. We had to show our Bikram key cards to prove we were staying the hotel in order to get back to the hotel. Seeing the guards standing there with machine guns was kind of intimidating, but comforting at the same time.
I don’t think I mentioned before that I actually saw the president on Thursday night. I was practicing dialogue in the lobby and all of a sudden we saw and heard a bunch of flashes and cameras going off. I looked up and saw an older guy walking through the lobby with four body guards walking with him. Everyone with a camera swarmed around them as he walked straight into an elevator.
When we got back to our room there was a note under the door from the staff. It was a letter informing all the guests about Hurricane Odile. They said that it seems it has taken a turn towards the water but they are still keeping an eye on it. They warned us to expect heavy rains and strong winds tonight by 8pm so stay in the hotel. They said they are going to give us daily updates on the storm, so I will keep you posted.
Now its time to study some triangle and then get some shut eye for 8am class.
The picture is Bikram Yoga Edmonton in the hooooouse!

No comments: