Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Kellie's here


This morning’s class was taught by Rajashree. I was at the back of the room and it didn’t feel too stuffy. She let them crack the doors open a little in the middle of class. I think the teachers were having a hard time breathing because they ended up cranking them all the way open for a couple postures until Rajashree made them close them. After that they opened them just a tad with the help of the little puke buckets. I mention the puke buckets because right after Rajashree asked them to close the doors again, one of the teachers husbands (not sure if he is a teacher) ran to the door and ended up puking in the bucket holding the door open. Sorry I just had to mention that because it actually made me laugh. We had only two postures left so the trooper went back to his mat and finished the class. Rajashree saw him do it and made a comment about them getting on the plane later but he will be fine by then.
After lunch we had posture clinic. It is actually nice to have one to get one more posture out of the way. This one posture has been sitting in my head for three days waiting to get out. We had Jeff today and after I delivered my dialogue he wanted to see how I could use the range of my voice and belly. After asking me a bunch of questions about my family and such he got some cushions from the next room. He told me to sit on them and I say my dialogue again, he wanted more from me so he gave me the task of delivering my dialogue seductively. The other lead gave me an example because apparently she was told to do the same thing in her posture clinic and even after she started teaching. The whole class was laughing and cheering by the end and it was actually kind of fun and I learned how to change my voice using my belly. That is what they want you to do though, come out of your shell, some teachers just have different approaches than others.
We had posture clinic until 1:45 than it was straight to the lecture hall, where Rajashree was waiting for us and she lectured again. She talked about the benefits of the heat in Bikram yoga, chakras, cancer and reasons cancer patients like yoga. She is so well organized with her power point presentation and hand outs for us to follow along with.
A girl in my group told me that her and her room mate got moved rooms to our floor today. Everyone on their floor in their building (not the main one which we are in) has had their rooms broken into. Another girl had told me this morning that hers was broken into last night during evening class. I didn’t realize there was more than one occurance. Apparently there is a roof that is about a foot below their balconies, and they can get up using the fire escape latter. When the maids go in and clean they leave the balcony doors open (they do in ours too), so that is how they are getting in. Once in the room, the thieves dead bolt the door so the girls couldn’t get into their room after class. They hit every room on that floor during class last night getting their i-pods, cell phones, wallet, money, and even gum stolen. The girls were just glad they didn't take their computers. All of them had smartly put their credit cards and passports in the safety deposit box (which requires an electonic code) so they never got away with those, scary stuff.
Evening class was taught by a lady from Virginia (?). She definitely wasn’t my favorite but I think I was annoyed from the first breath (literally in the warm-up) but she did grow on me. In the warm-up for the first breathing exercise she counted to six really fast. Any other teacher would noly be at the count of three or four by the time she was already at six. It also felt like she made us do about 16 in each set, I really thought my arms were going to fall off my body, not a good start. She talked fairly quick so that was cool, especially when she said the full dialogue for triangle. She also told us to get off the towels when turning to the side, which is cool. In Bikrams class, every time we tried to stand on the carpet he would say, “stand on the towels, quit ruining my carpet, stand on the towel!” We were also told not to use certain phrases in certain postures and she used every phrase we were told not to use, that part actually made me smile.
I am being very nit picky and I don’t why, I am or was not struggling and I had a good class. There was a girl that was in front of me that really worked over my patience and the two girls beside me. I don’t want to get into what was happening but there was absolutely no way I could not notice what was going on. For that reason I did not have a good flow to my class and came in and out of listening and focusing on what the teacher was saying.
After class I went down stairs to the café to get some supper. As I was walking back I saw Dale walking through the lobby with suitcases. I looked behind him and there was Kellie, I literally ran over there and gave her the biggest hug. I couldn’t stop smiling, it was great to see her.
After supper we had more posture clinic. Kellie was with Eleni’s group which Eleni was stoked for when we got back to the room. My group had Wendy, three teachers from California and Devi from Victoria (Ed who was here week two’s wife). She is a doctor too and will be lecturing us some time this week with Rajashree on the medical benefits of the postures. I really enjoyed our leads tonight, it was nice and relaxed and we got well into the next posture.

The picture is our hotel room as you walk in from the hallway. To the right where I took the picture is the walk in closet. The first bed by the fridges is Eleni's and the one by the balcony is mine. There is the wall unit which has the tv and all our food in it. Beside that, next to the patio door is the table with my lap top and rice cooker, and the chair with my towel and yoga mat drying on the back. On the other side of the wall unit (to the right) is the dresser, we each have three drawers. The patio is where those big white shutters are on the back wall. The bath room is to the left where I am standing to take the picture, and the walk-in closet is to the right.

No comments: