Monday, October 20, 2008

Week 6 begins


I woke up saying ‘for fuck sakes’, that is because my throat hurts once again and my nose is stuffed. I wonder if it is possible to be allergic to air conditioning, because I feel like this is an allergic reaction to something. It feels the same way it did when it I got it a couple weeks ago. Last time I took Benelyn and it didn’t seem to help though it did eventually go away. I felt very low energy today so I was very glad that I studied five postures yesterday.
We went for lunch than took our weekly trip to the store, hitting up Mega for some tortellini. I tried to study when we got back but my exhaustion took over so I took an hour nap. I woke up and felt completely exhausted with little energy. I decided to go down stairs and have a chicken ceasar salad and study some more dialogue. When I went upstairs I decided to try taking a reactine to see what happens.
I was so happy to see the Tupperware ladies leaving today. I never mentioned they were here this week, but let me tell you, that was my yoga this week. On Thursday morning we were waiting for the elevator to head downstairs for class. Out of no where seven or eight huge Mexican women pushed by us and tried to fit into the already full elevator that opened. Three more elevators stopped and they were all full with Tupperware women on there way downstairs. All nine of us yogis waiting for the elevator on our floor ran out of patience so we took the stairs. We were not willing to let these pushy sales women make us late for sign in.
After class we were waiting for the elevator and who comes up behind us? About 50 Tupperware women. They proceeded to push their way through us and try to get on the elevator. If they saw any small space they tried to fit their way through it. One lady tapped me on the shoulder and started yelling at me in Spanish, pointing at her friends by the elevator. When we wouldn’t move she elbowed me and the girl beside me. I turned around and said to her in English “quite pushing, you aren’t going anywhere, there is no where to go, we are all waiting for the elevator and you can wait your turn like the rest of us.” I knew she didn’t know what I was saying and it showed on her face. I really didn’t care, that was the fourth elbow I had received in two minutes. She actually calmed down and quite pushing after that.
We were standing there waiting and an elevator door opened. A lady tried to push by us and as she did she knocked someones yoga mat out of her hand and it landed in the door of the elevator. As the girl bent down to pick it up, one of the Tupperware ladies kicked it out of the elevator with her foot and started to laugh. My mouth dropped, I couldn’t believe what I just saw. We stood and waited for the elevator and we just went with the flow as we got pushed into one when the doors opened.
That night I was going down stairs, myself and another girl were on the elevator. When we hit the main floor five Tupperware ladies pushed their way onto the elevator. They didn’t even give us time or room to get off. We were pinned on the back wall of the elevator. The other girl raised her voice and started yelling at them to let us out. I was able to squeeze and push my way to the door and held it open with my foot. The tupperwarw women were getting mad because the door wouldn’t shut. I just pointed at the girl pinned on the back wall. Realizing they weren’t going anywhere until she got out, they shifted around to give her room to squeeze out. As the girl got off the elevator one lady said in broken English to us, ‘white bitches’. I just shook my head and started to laugh. That was just two of five rude interactions I had with them in three days. Like I said before that was my yoga for the week and I was glad when I saw them packed up waiting for their buses.
I decided I needed to get some sun, besides I really haven’t been out of the hotel all that much, I don’t think grocery shopping counts. After supper, I went to the ocean with Damien to practice some dialogue in the ocean. It really felt great to stand in the water and shout dialogue. Damien said yesterday when he was down there they released about 500 baby turtles into the ocean, that would have been neat to see. He said it was funny to watch because the turtles would get into the water than a wave would bring them back to shore. They would try again and get half way to the water then a wave would come again. The turtles learned they had to be as quick as possible to get there before the wave got them. They must have finally made it the water, that would have been a sight to watch, lol. Kinda like watching a bunch of yogi's go through training, what a parellel.
In the evening I went down stairs to meet some girls for some ice cream and chill time. It was nice to have some girl time to just sit and relax. My brain didn’t want to focus tonight so I read some trash magazines and hit the hay in preparation for week six, 43 classes left.

1 comment:

BMag said...

Yup, its true, my experience in the Spring was similar. Even though we were paid guests at the hotel we were treated as second class guests. Both by the hotel staff and the suggestions of Bikram staff to defer to other guests. I didn't get jostled or anything but then again I didn't have to contend with a squad of female Sumo's.
Favorite tupperware joke. What do a walrus and a tupperware person have in common? They both like a tight seal.