Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Deja vu....Esak


The last Tuesday morning class was taught by Dave from Vancouver, also known as Fireman Dave. I have heard about Fireman Dave but never seen or met him before. This guy is stacked with nothing but muscle, and I heard its awesome ot see him to the advanced, can't wait. He seems really nice and taught the entire class with a smile on his face. His voice was very consistent but not to the point of being monotone which was refreshing. I lied down in savasana and I had a physically exhausting thought run through my head. It said to me “I am ready for a break and tired of taking these classes." First time I have had a thought like that since starting Bikram.
I sat with Auntie Shirley and two other trainees at lunch. We talked about that because the other girl at the table has the same thought. The guy figured our bodies have pushed as far as they want to during this training and now just wants to take a break, it totally makes sense. I don’t think I have pushed myself or gone any further in any of the posture in the last week. It might also be a mind thing, because I know we are nearing the end.
After class I made my way to the pool and ran into Nikki. For those of you who don’t know, Nikki is a teacher at my home studio. She was leaving the pool and I was heading there. I didn’t even recognize her because she had some big rock star sunglasses on. It was really good to see her and a surprise because I wasn’t expecting to see her until tomorrow.
After lunch everyone signed in at the lecture hall and got seated. After we were all sitting we were told to grab our stuff, go back to our rooms, get our yoga gear and meet in the yoga room. So we dressed in our yoga clothes and met in the room with anticipation wondering what was next. Lynn took the microphone and told us that me were going to do mini mock classes. Trainees got the opportunity to teach two or three postures in a row to all of us while we did them. So we were in that yoga room for three hours and went through all the postures three times. About an hour and half into it, and one full class later, Lynn let every other row rotate doing the postures, giving us a bit of a breather in between some postures. Thank god the heat was not on, not that that stopped us from sweating.
Evening class was taught by Esak. It was nice to have a teacher at training that I have had before in a normal class setting at home. Esak was at my home studio in July doing a demo/seminar and synergy for us so I had the opportunity to take his class there. I have always wondered if teachers adjust their classes to teach us trainees. I find Esak’s class very motivating and I worked very hard tonight. He seemed a lot more relaxed teaching in Edmonton, with good reason. Tonight he was giving corrections and calling people out on things. I really liked it and again learned a lot from him, he has such a calming energy as well. I think it makes a difference being on a podium as well because you can see a lot more I am guessing. He called us all out on bow, telling us it was not very pretty and made us do three sets.
After class on my way out I stopped to say thank you to Esak for a great class. I didn't think he would remember me because I know he meets alot of people in this business. He gave me a high five and said “yah, you work at the front desk at Pernille’s studio, I met you in the summer”. I just smiled and said “wow, good memory”, that was cool.
After supper we had movie night with Bikram starting with Diane answering any questions we had about anything. When Bikram arrived, Lisa from Las Vegas showed us a slide show she had constructed from when she visited India with Bikram last year. There were pictures of Bikram’s mothers house, his mom, Bishnu’s college (where Bikram was trained), Bikram’s family, streets, pets, food, family and the prayer centers. It was very neat to see and hear Lisa narrate for us, making it that much better. After that was finished we watched some DVD’s that had any shows or stories about Bikram over the last 25 years. After that was done we watched the last five episodes of the Lord Krishna movies that Bikram loves to torture us with. My Aunt the trooper actually stayed for the entire things until we got dismissed at 2am. I had to get up near the end of the movie because my stomach was cramping so bad, but hopefully a little sleep will help.

The picture is us four out for supper on Sunday

No comments: