Friday, November 14, 2008

Rockstar


Last night before I went to bed I took some more pepto bismal. Praise the pink liquid because it worked and I slept like a baby, oh my gosh I was out cold until the alarm went off. Without even thinking I had my usual routine of having cereal for breakfast. The girls next door who went through the same thing a couple weeks ago went to see the doctor when they were sick. The doctor told them not to eat dairy or fruit while their stomach hurt. I didn’t realize what I did until the milk was digested and it kind of hurt, not as bad as yesterday though.
This morning’s class was taught by Rajashree, that was a nice surprise. We were all anticipating who would teach this mornings class. We already know who will teach the remaining three classes. It was nice to see and have her, man she knows how to kick our butts, actaully I kicked my own ass but none the less it was a really great class.
After lunch we had to all meet in the yoga room. Some of the teachers, along with Bikram and Emmy demonstrated the advanced series for us. They did the demonstration in 80 minutes, a class which is usually a two hour class. After the demonstration we all met back in the lecture hall to go over some last minute graduation stuff.
Evening class was taught by Craig. I worked my butt off and it was awesome. I am feeling really strong today now that my energy is not being spent on trying to feel better.
After class, after savasana today Auntie Shirley was getting up and Diane, one of the senior teachers poked her head in the door. She shouted at her "You are a rock star!" to which Zia just said thanks. Diane told her she has been keeping her eye on her and she has been rocking it all out and is totally impressed. That's my Zia the rock star! The pic is me, Zia, and Nikki before class.
The routine with Auntie Shirley has been nice, she comes and does the AM class, then we meet for lunch at 11:30am. When lunch is finished she heads to the pool and I head to lecture. Then I see her again at the PM class. After class she comes to my room for supper around 7:30 to 8pm. After supper she usually comes to the lecture (last night she had a date with her book). She is a trooper though because she stayed up on Tuesday with us until 2am watching movies in the lecture hall, bless her.
Bikram lectured for the last time tonight, he talked about the warm up breathing exercise. After that he linked it all together with a bunch of breathing he learnt from his guru in India. After hislecture we did a deep breathing meditation that he said is his countries (India) gift to us through him. It was a form of deep breathing that we did for about seven minutes. When we were all finished you could feel the calming energy in the room, it was so neat. That lasted until one student asked Bikram if he would visit their studio next week when he is in town. You could feel the energy take a complete nose dive and feel everyone rolling their eyes as soon as the words came out. Well it was nice while it lasted.
We got dismissed at midnight. When I was leaving the lecture hall my parents were standing at the back with Auntie Shirley. It was so nice to see them and give them a big hug. They hadn’t even gone to their room yet, Auntie ushered them right to the Atlantis hall where we were.

1 comment:

lucille_allen said...

I am so very very impressed with how you have maintained a very positive, very strong and a very entertaining perspective throughout this training Melissa -- You ARE a rockstar!!!