Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The last Monday


Diane is back and that totally lifts everyone’s spirits here, well it lifted mine at least. Not that our spirits needed to be lifted anymore, I mean it is the last Monday but, you know, every little bit helps. I woke up this morning feeling like I was walking on air. I couldn’t figure out if it was because it is week nine and after morning class we are into the single digits in terms of number of classes left or if it was yesterday’s massage. It was probably a combination of the two. Regardless, class was awesome, lead by Diane, the bus driver is back, Welcome home Diane. Okay she is not a real bus driver but maybe I should explain the story so it makes sense.
Diane was here during weeks two and three, back when all the shit with the room was going on, and everyone was going down. At that time it was basically every man for himself and some people did their own thing in class, ahead of the teacher. Diane taught us a handful of classes and whenever she taught she called herself the bus driver. She made certain that we did postures together as a group, not before or after we were instructed to. She was driving the bus and we were being trained not to do anything until she instructed us to, again it was exactly what we needed at that time.
We impressed her today because after we did the sit up, she said, "ohhhh, someone’s been on you about the sit up, looks goooood." She is so aware of what is going on in her room when she is teaching, well I guess not only when she is teaching but also when she is taking class at the back of the room. She always has a little note pad where she writes down things to talk to us/ remind us about later, she's always learning and helping, I love it.
The room felt really cool today, but humid. Since we are in the final week we are allowed to put our mats anywhere in the room for classes. It was nice to practice by some people I have not been near since the beginning of training. It's also kind of funny to see the spots where people do not want to put their mats in their room.
Zia met Eleni and I for lunch at Chula Vista. After lunch it was back to the lecture hall for more posture clinic with Bikram. Bikram went off on some tangents today so we didn’t get through all the postures, only two left though.
Bikram taught evening class tonight. I was not feeling well at all, by the end of class I thought I was going to vomit on my mat. I had not eaten very much at lunch and then only had little snacks throughout the afternoon. Usually when we get back to the room before class I have some yogurt because I am a little hungry but today I decided to see what would happen without the yogurt. Well after that result I will never do that again, but you don’t know unless you try, right!?
After class they had the try outs for the on stage demonstration at graduation. One of the teachers had asked me to try out but I have heard that Bikram doesn't let anyone with tatoos demonstrate though. It didn’t take long for Bikram to dismiss those with body markings. It was fun to watch the weeding out process as Bikram personally chose who he wanted to demonstrate at grad. Bikram ended up picking 30 people when they only wanted him to choose 25, he kept saying how good everyone was. He said if they can only fit 25 on the stage then it is up to Rajashree to get rid of five people, lol, nice guy.
After supper we had more lecture with Bikram. He finished off the remaining postures and then opened the floor to questions about any of the postures. It took us over three hours to get through those final two postures. Bikram once again would go off telling us stories about fixing backs and spines and then forget where he was. I am not going to complain though because it was the last Monday, lol, and we didn’t have to stay up and watch a movie.

After class on Saturday, we wanted to take some pictures of us Edmonchucks (thats what we are called here) but Eleni bailed so Damien and I took some pictures.

No comments: