Monday, November 10, 2008

I haven't been hungry in 8 weeks


This morning I woke up around 8:30 and contemplated going to the make up class, just to go. Then I opted out and decided to sleep for a couple more hours. I woke up around 10:00am and went to the yoga room to meet Zia and Damian after it. We wanted to take pictures of me, Damien and Eleni together doing some postures. Eleni wasn’t to keen on the idea so she went to wal-mart instead, fine.
After taking some pictures we all went for lunch together and spent an hour down there just relaxing and talking. Talking about lunch brings me to the title of this blog. It actually makes me laugh out loud when I think about it. I think it’s one of the funniest things I heard all weekend, and it came from one of our own, Mr. Serious, aka Damian. Today at lunch Damian was onto his third plate of food when Zia asked, “Where the heck do you put it all?” Too which he replied, “I haven’t been hungry in eight weeks” with a straight face. Zia and I both instantly started laughing. He looked at us and said “it’s true” and continued to shove the fork into his mouth. Okay it probably doesn’t sound that funny when I explain it but if you knew what he has gone through during this training, you’d be laughing too.
I spent the afternoon just relaxing, eating chips and dip with Auntie Shirley. I finally got a hold of my parents after trying to talk to them for the last two days. At 4:30 we went down to the spa and went into the steam room for 20 minutes. After the steam room Zia had made appointments for us to get a 90 minute massage, so we did just that. Zia fell in love with the spa area so she booked a massage for next weekend.
After being pampered we met Eleni and Damian in the lobby. We had made a date with them to go to the local Italian restaurant for supper. The entire place was filled with yogis; it was really nice to see. The meal was good and I ate the most garlicky meal I have ever had. It made me think of Brittany, that’s one girl that loves garlic, but this was an extreme case.
It was nice to go out and relax with us four Edmontonians. It was the first time we have gone out as a group. It was like hanging out with family, making fun of each other and laughing about it, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I told Eleni and Damian they are going to miss me, having me around all the time to which they both responded, “We’ll see each other more.” I told them I would show how much I miss them when they are in my class, ha ha.
We talked about our experiences during training and some of our favorite memories while here, talking and joking about teaching each other and taking each other’s classes. It seems so surreal to talk about teaching each other and the teachers back home that trained us. We had a good laugh about all the inside jokes we have amongst each other and about training. I think Zia enjoyed sitting back and listening to us reminisce about our different stories.
We had the coolest taxi driver coming home. He had a little dvd player in his car and watching some old awards show or something. The show was in English and he was singing along to it with a huge smile on his face. When he thought we didn’t want to watch it, he pulled out his dvd collection and asked what we wanted to watch. The drive was only seven minutes but it was very entertaining. He was making fun of the Mexican culture and we told him about our experience here. He spoke English very well and he spoke Italian too so that was fun. I got his business card so he can take us around next weekend.

1 comment:

Kel said...

I apologize for not connecting with you as much as I would have liked. Kelley been keeping me in the loop on your progress, which I of course am very interested in hearing about. To keep this note short ... I just want to let you know that I couldn't be more proud of you and your accomplishments. It's wonderful that you have found your niche in life and I think that you will be very successful with your future endevours. I can't wait to get together with you when you get back and hear all about your adventures. It takes a unique and courageous person to go forth and grab what you want in life. There has never been any doubt in my mind that you would be able to accomplish whatever you set out to do. Wish I was there to celebrate this awesome achievement with you. Miss you and looking forward to seeing you soon.
Love Uncle Len