Thursday, October 2, 2008

Awkward anyone


Wednesday morning class was with Diane again, she said the energy was so strong in there today. We were all working together as a group thus creating the most incredible energy. Monday when she taught we kept getting shit for not moving together and doing things before she told us to. She said it’s a good sign we had a good class because she only swore once, lol. I had the best class I had all week. Not that the others have been tough drag outs but this one just happened, and I love when it does that. It was one of those classes when you are in final savasana (resting) and it feels like you just did half moon (first posture), it feels that quick.
At lunch Eleni and I got seated with Jim and Bikrams childhood friend Sam. We just talked about the yoga and different peoples reactions to everything and the experience. Oh and Zia, I told Jim about your 30 day challenge and your incredible inches lost, (now everyone else knows too, he he), his mouth dropped and he can’t wait to meet you. I asked him if you would be allowed to sit in on some of Bikrams lectures and he didn’t think it would be problem. He is going to check with Bikram just to make sure its cool with him, YAY!
After lunch was more anatomy than posture clinics, finished off the back bending and moved onto awkward.
Class at 5 was with Jim, it was supposed to be with Bikram. Apparently Bikram’s butt is still sore and he can’t sit on it so he couldn’t teach the class or lecture tonight. After supper we had more posture clinic, some groups still had to finish off back bending with hands to feet. My group (#13) started awkward tonight, it has three parts and we had the choice to do only the first one, or all three. A lot of the keeners went up and did their postures first than people who kinda knew it started doing only first set so they would have more time to go over the other two parts. When they ran out of volunteers they started to pick people to go. I was sitting there so casual and Lyndsey remembered me from back bending so she told me to go. I went and did all three parts, when I was finished Wendy who was the other lead said that I fooled her. I gave the impression that I didn’t know it when I was sitting there not volunteering, she was not only expecting just first set, but I didn’t miss a word on all three. It had been over two months since I said that posture in front of bodies that is why I hestitated a bit about getting up there.
Not much happened today so not to much to write about. I signed up for the first aid/cpr course the nurse is going to teach next weekend and I also booked a massage for Saturday.
The picture is the door to our room with our room number

1 comment:

Zia said...

Hey Mel, thanks for sharing my 16" loss! lol By the time I get down there, hopefully it will be another 16"! And I'm glad the chair is working for you. And thank you for seeing if I can sit in on class. That would be great.

We are sure all going to miss you at your Grandma's 80th Birthday Party on Sunday. It just won't be the same without you. You liven up any party! lol

Get well and keep kickin' ass!

Love you lots, zia