Friday, October 3, 2008

Sniffling my way through Thursday


Thursday Thursday Thursday! Morning class was with Diane; great energy, great people, great humidity, great class. It hasn’t rained here fpr four or five days so the humidity in the room has been a little more tolerable for people, its only at 72% now. People are still dehydrating though, one girl had to be carried out and wheeled to the doctor today. They told us after that she was more worried about memorizing her dialogue that she didn't drink as much water as usual. Can you tell the dialogue heat is on in full force?!
Last night we had posture clinic until 11 then got let go to bed. Eleni and I stayed up and talked until about midnight. Weird eh, we just weren’t tired and haven’t had much time to catch up this week.
My nose is a little less stuffed but still had to fall asleep sitting up so I could breathe through my nose. During the night my congestion moved to my throat. I woke myself up a couple times coughing my lungs out. Morning class seemed to clean everything out, throat and nose, it was a beautiful sight, those Kleenexes, lol, still reading!?!
After class, we had lunch, still loving the chocolate milk. After lunch we had more anatomy, then more posture clinic. Because I already performed awkward and its pretty much ingrained into my head now, I have been helping the people who haven’t quite got it down yet. Some people got the dialogue the day they arrived so I was quite lucky to have the support I did in getting started with it. Today in posture clinic the guys that were leading the group got one girl to perform the posture in her native language, Hungarian. It was so cool to hear her rip right through start to finish in a foreign language.
We are at the point where people are no longer volunteering to go up for their postures because they don't feel ready. The leads we had today didn't want to push to hard, we only had five or six minutes left before getting let go to prepare for class by the time this happened. They took that opportunity to talk to us about actually teaching a class and the different circimstances with students and such. It was good to get the different feedback.
Evening class was with Jim, he is leaving tomorrow for the next couple weeks. He will be back in week nine for Graduation. I talked to him after class and he said he can't wait to see how we have grown in the next four weeks. He has been back to every graduation since he graduated in the 90's. He loves to see everyones happy faces, glowing skin, and parents here looking so proud, he looked pretty excited even talking about it.
Eleni and I found these cute little mini cans of coke on the weekend at Mega. I have not had a can of coke in like four years, but all bets are off when you come to training. I have had a little mini coke every night for supper. I must be doing something right cause things are still working for me.
For supper I made tortellini, which by the way I screamed in the store when I found them. They are perfect little Melissa sized tortellini packages, enough for two servings, looooove it. My awesome wonderful caring mother bought me a little mini rice cooker before I left to bring with me. She even helped me pack my suitcase so I could fit that and the awesome posture clinic chair in my suitcase, along with my ten pounds of snack bars. Thought I would mention that in case you are wondering how I am managing to make these hot yummy meals at night. It was the best idea. I went on the internet before I left and looked up recipes and foods you can make in a rice cooker. Hence the pastas I have been making, we don’t want an Italian girl to go through pasta withdrawal while she’s here, the thought makes me cringe. Chicken tortellini with alfredo sauce and fresh grated parmesan cheese and a coke, yum, I know you probably all want to come over for supper now…or maybe not.
After supper we had lecture with Bikram. Before Bikram started they introduced seven or eight teachers who are here visiting for the next week. Half of them didn’t even want to be teachers when they decided to come to training, but by half way through they had changed their minds. It is cool to hear their stories abut how they got started or the panic of their first class. Bikram lectured until 12, the poor guy had to sit on a little donut the whole time cause his boil was still hurting him. He leaves Friday morning for Philly and is back Sunday. He is hoping his butt is better by then so he will be able to teach a class.

The picture is of our home for two months, our hotel room

No comments: