Saturday, October 4, 2008

No bullshit


This morning’s class was taught by Ed, from Victoria. Him and his wife, Devi own a studio there. His wife will be coming week 7 because they have a three year old, so travelling together is very difficult. I really enjoyed his class, and that seemed to be the concensus from everyone I talked to. He is a very animated teacher, he stands on the podium the entire time, uses his hands, legs, body to get us in and out of postures, it was awesome. It was a ninety minute class and I felt great after. Our group was at the back of the room today (we rotate everyday now according our posture clinic group). We were the line right in front of the teachers and it is funny to see some of the senior teachers sitting out on some postures. Some people get really mad at the fact that the teachers give us shit for not staying in the room but then they don’t even do anything. I just laugh and think, “whats your problem, can’t handle it?” lol. Is it wrong to think like that? Ed told us stories about himself between postures but still kept the flow of the class going.
Of course after class was lunch than anatomy, than more posture clinic. Today was our last anatomyclass with Dr. T, with our next and last anatomy test on Monday. Dr. T told us that since we have done both these tests without our anatomy books, our passing grade only needs to be 65, instead of 75. That means I only have to get 27 correct on the next test.
After posture clinic, evening class was with Lori from Memphis. She owns a studio there, and I think she graduated five years ago. Bikram gave her the nickname shot gun at her training, and it must have stuck, class was 85 minutes. It was by far my best class all week. I think it makes a difference when you can get in and get out. It was exactly like a class at home, jokes in between some postures, smooth flow to the class, made us listen but not a nazi. She also teaches her class VERBATIUM. As close as the teachers try to stick to the dialogue here, no one has taught it word for word yet. Enough said. She leaves Sunday so that is kind of disappointing, I which we could have her one more time.
We had more posture clinic tonight, finishing off awkward and moving onto eagle. We had Diane and Dominique today as our leads. They are a great pair and so funny when they get going. I remember the first time I saw and heard Diane I thought, ‘oh this is going to be one tough teacher, she seems like a bitch’. I tried to put that aside during the first class she taught us. She has taught a number of times since then and I have grown to really like her. She teaches a very disciplined class, with no bull shut. She calls you on it if and when she catches you trying to pull one over on her, and is always smiling when she does it, I love it. She is the one staff member that hangs out at the back of the class after each and every class to help and answer any questions people have with postures. When I am finished class I always see her with a line up people just waiting to ask her a posture question. Today in posture clinic she was giving advice to the demonstrators after the dialogue was finished about the posture they just preformed. She answered all questions we had about the first two postures we had done before moving onto eagle. She is the first staff to take the time to do that with us. I love just listening to what she has to say because she knows exactly how to say it to each individual so they aren’t just hearing I, but they are actually listening to her and using it.

The picture is me and Noel, my power partner

No comments: