Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Week 7 begins


Morning class was taught by Michael Harris again. It was a ninety minute straight flowing, get it done Monday morning class. There was no pain in my knee so that was a bonus. My body felt stiff but that’s to be expected on a Monday morning after a day off. Like I said last Monday though, I don’t stress over it because I don’t have any expectations on Monday mornings.
Okay I have gotten to the point where it is getting hard to eat the same food every day. I never eat anything off the breakfast buffet line so that eliminates a lot of options. The other options are eggs (which I don’t eat), quesadillas, Mexican food (which I don’t even open the lids to anymore), and the three lunch items which are always Asian dishes. I am quite lucky though because I know a lot of people who were tired of this food by the second week. I am thanking the stars it took me this long. Eleni gets so tired of the same thing that she doesn’t even go downstairs and eat lunch sometimes, she makes something in the room. Don’t get me wrong there is only three more weeks so I will survive, but food is a huge thing when you are working out as hard and as much as we are here. I haven’t gotten the nerve or desire to try the fish yet either. I think I can survive three more weeks without trying seafood. This weekend we are planning to get off ‘the compound’ as Michael calls it, so that should help.
After lunch we had posture clinic. It was alright, though I wasn’t a big fan of the other groups dynamic. The lead was cool but she started making the girls teach in their sports bras to get out of their comfort zone a little. The other group was making comments and it just didn’t feel like an overly comfortable environment and for that reason I chose not to present in the afternoon.
Evening class was taught by Victoria from San Diego. I had my best class in a long time. The temperature actually felt half decent, similar to a class at home as they didn’t turn the heat on until the class started. It was somewhat cooler at the beginning and not instant sweat dripping when you walked in to put your mat down. The fans didn’t come on until about half an hour into class and then I felt this cool kind breeze because they all turned on at the same time. It is similar to when the air vent is open more than normal at home and you can feel that fresh cool breeze come in. Then Victoria requested that the doors be open at triangle (half way through class) and I was at the back the room so that was a bonus. It by no means was cool but it might have been just me because I wasn’t focused on the heat during class. I talked to some people and they said it got really hot and stuffy where they were.
Before class I was not feeling well and I thought I was going to struggle tonight. I tried not to get inside my head and to just listen to the teacher and it totally worked, imagine that. I pushed myself 127% and my body ate it up. It helped that she was funny but tough at the same time. Every time she said the word "and" people would come out of the posture because they thought it would be followed by an ‘and change’, but it never was. In triangle it was "and twist your body more", in half tortoise she said "and keep your arms together whether you are going into, coming out, or in the posture." In the last posture, spine twisting, it was "and look at the glass windows." It made for some light hearted moments when she would call us on it and got a smile out of everyone when they realized what had happened. I truly felt like a million bucks after class so I rewarded myself with a cannon ball into the big pool. We turned our clocks back on Saturday night so it was weird to walk outside and have it be dark walking to the pool after class. It is still really warm out in the evening though so it’s just a little light adjustment.
After supper we had more posture clinic. We had Dominique who is one of the full time staff members here and graduated spring 07. Our other lead was a lady from Devi and Ed’s studio in Victoria, she graduated fall of 05, it was a great night with a lot of positive energy going. Dominique had not seen us or our posture deliveries since the first postures together as a group in posture clinic. Of course he was blown away with how far we’ve grown, I should hope so after four weeks. After I did mine he told me I talk like Wendy and Kellie and wondered if that was an Alberta thing, the other lead said she didn’t think so. I took as a compliment because I like both their voices, lol. Everyone in our group finished half tortoise so we are now onto the last four postures and dialogue we have to remember, awesome.

No comments: