Saturday, November 1, 2008

Wham!


This morning’s class was taught by the same lady that taught a couple nights ago who I didn’t enjoy to much. Again, she had the same tone and the same energy; barely there. Damian told me that after last class she told us that she had pneumonia or some throat thing. If she did tell us I had totally blocked it out because I don’t remember hearing that. Regardless I was not motivated, but the room was a good temperature so it made it that much better. The one thing about her classes is the music she plays at the end. We get to lie there and listen to this calming music while she talks to us allowing us to just think, reflect and eventually completely relax.
Oh and I totally busted my classes in class. I went to put my head on my knee and my glasses rode up a little on my head, and WHAM, my glasses broke right in half with two postures left. All I thought was, ‘are you kidding me, what is this telling me, this happened for a reason?’ Maybe all my talk about getting laser eye surgery manifested my glasses to weaken and break, lol. Oya, good thing I brought my extra pair. They are not the right prescription because they are about 6 years old but they will do. Maybe I will try to find some crazy glue this weekend at Wal-Mart, see what I can concoct.
After lunch we had posture clinic with Michael Harris as our lead. My group was with Damian’s so I got see the master at work, he‘s really strong up there. Since I did my head to knee on Wednesday I got to sit back, relax and watch everyone else today. I was ready with spine twist but we didn’t get to it. Oh well now I have all weekend to make it perfect.
There was a teacher that was in there with Michael today that spoke Spanish. She asked a couple people whose first language was Spanish to deliver their dialogue in Spanish after they had done it in English. It’s neat to see how their personalities came out once they got to say it in their native language. Some of them haven’t even looked at the dialogue in Spanish and were able to deliver it with such fire.
Evening class was taught by Ren from head quarters in California. He is fricken hilarious and I don’t think he could hurt a mouse. The majority of the trainees wore orange and black outfits for our Halloween class. There were the odd few that came with masks, cat tails, and horns on. Seeing everyone dressed up reminds me that I must be just over a year since I took my first Bikram Yoga class. The day after Halloween was only my third or fourth class. While I was waiting for class people were talking about an instructor that dressed up the day before, I think in a cape or something. I just remember thinking that it was cool to hear that the instructors could bring an element of fun to the class.
Ren learnt one guys name today during posture clinic so he used it constantly during class. It was actually quite funny when we would be in a posture and he would start saying, ‘hold it Mark, you can do it Mark, kick Mark, a couple more seconds Mark’ or ‘higher Mark, straight legs Mark, elbows straight Mark, looking good Mark’. He would get on him for a whole posture than leave him alone for awhile then go back to him. Someone finally asked him who Mark was and his answer was ‘you are all Mark, so when I say Mark, I mean everybody’. The immediate next posture he was on Mark again, so funny He than remembered "Mr. South Africa's" name and found out someone else’s name and got on them a couple times too. He also told all the guys they were a cute bunch, love it. I guess what I am trying to get at is that it was a fairly laid back but tough class. The tough part was because you work your ass off and push yourself more in the postures, he just demands it. It was laid back in the sense that everyone was smiling and having a good time. He teaches from the bottom of his heart with such compassion that you end up busting your butt a little extra hard.
Everyone was hoping we would have the night off since it is Halloween, but no such luck. We had a lecture tonight, a talk from Lynn Whitlow. She talked about expectations about leaving our bubble and going back to a studio to teach. As much as we didn’t want a lecture, I am glad we had it. It was very helpful and answered a lot of questions that have been lurking in the back of our minds.
My stomach had been hurting all day so I went straight to bed after lecture. I am hoping a couple hours of sleep will help.

No comments: